Friday, January 30, 2009

DVD FINAL SALE!


Concrete Conflict and Conditioning AND Activate!

BOTH OF THESE HIGHLY RATED DVD'S FOR THE LOW PRICE OF FIFTY DOLLAR WITH NO SHIPPING COSTS!








Concrete Conflict Table of Contents


Concrete Conflict Table of Contents

1. Wheel of Compliance
2. Close Range Striking
3. Chokes and Hold Downs
4. Thumblock
5. Energy Transfer
6. Bicep Pull and Push
7. Knee Strikes
8. Turn of the Head Throw
9. Shoulder Lockdown
10.Tactical Getups
11. Spidering
12. Fending off a Knife

Strength and Conditioning
1. Stickwalk
2. Pronation and Supination
3. Fanning Motion
4. Stick Motion
5. Flexibility Stunt
6. One Inch Clean
7. Coiled Squat
8. Coiled Lunge
9. Knee Drop
10. Hip Flexor Lift
11. Kneeling Power
12. Curling Power
13. X-Press
14. Drop&Catch
15. X-tended Upright Row
16. Neck Exercise
17. Hip Flexion with Bands
18. Lateral Side Bend
19. Burlesque Bump
20. BB plus Lunge
21. Lunge Walk
22. Knee Walk
23. Calf and Foot
24. Depak
25. Sempok
26. Siloh
27. Knee Kip
28. Concentric Friction
29. Heel Drag
30. Toe Strength
31. Walking Meditation
32. Thruster Drill
33. Vest Crawl and Drags

All this content, plus Activate! for only 50 dollars and NO shipping!







What are People Saying about ACTIVATE!
The DVD is ACTIVATE and the author is Tom Furman. The topic pertains to increasing range of motion and the tool utilized is reciprocal inhibition facilitated stretching. Tom and his friend Mario take you through a series of stretches. This is tastefully done, in contrast to a video put out by a different high profile outfit called "Loaded Stretching". In Loaded Stretching partner drills are carried out by two shirtless men. I do not know why this is. The only reason I own the Loaded Stretching video is that I thought it was a stretching video for alcoholics and I believe in fitness for everyone (actually it came as part of a package deal with some kettlebells I bought on the bay a while back but why let that interfere with a good story?). In this video Tom and Mario are sporting Physical Strategies t-shirts with the logo from Tom's website. Tom's shirt even changes color a couple times in the video. Either that or he actually changed shirts. The video would have been much better had they been wearing RFP shirts from the new spring collection. I will overlook this minor sartorial indiscretion.

The stretches utilized in ACTIVATE cover pretty much every muscle group including a superb back stretch that will effectively loosen most of the posterior chain. Each drill is explained in detail and demonstrated from different angles so you can see what is going on. Also animated arrows are used to show the force vectors for the stretches. This is most helpful. Tom and Mario also take you through an agonist/antagonist pair workout which can be performed with very basic equipment like you might find in a playground or in a prison yard. Overall the video quality is good, even HD quality. Tom's makeup artists are to be commended. The video runs about 35 min in duration which is fine because it fits my short attention span and the subject is covered adequately. Like a well written article or a woman's skirt, ideally it should be long enough to cover the subject and short enough to be interesting. I did not come up with that one by myself it was told to me by a college English instructor.

This DVD is available from Tom's website http://www.physicalstrategies.com It sells for around $21 and it is also available in combination with Tom's other DVD "Concrete Conflict" for a combo price of $50. Concrete Conflict is a good video as well. It is a combination of fighting scenarios and conditioning drills. There is some good stuff there and Tom is very creative. One thing I picked up from that DVD that I use almost daily is the stick walking and fighting stick mobility drills. My hand and shoulder mobility is very good as a result. These are quite useful and very therapeutic. Good Stuff!
In summary I recommend both of Tom's DVDs. They are very well done and if you are looking to add some flexibility I would consider ACTIVATE to be a treasure trove of useful information.
--Scott Helsey

Get Activate AND Concrete Conflict and Conditioning for only 50 Dollars!







Here are what people are saying about Tom Furman and Concrete Conflict DVD.
“I very highly recommend Tom as a cutting-edge resource for fitness and movement of any type. His style compliments the strength and conditioning programs of the best athletes. The mobility exercises are far more interesting and sophisticated than what is commonly seen in fitness warm-up rituals. It was a real pleasure to see a professional peer at work that has such a solid grasp on what he is teaching.”
Steve Cotter, www.FullKontact.com

"Who should get this?
If you're an MA guy who pursues S&C as a means to improve your MA game, this is a good DVD to have.
I sort of feel like this is MA conditioning + Resilient-like exercises + an introductory exposure to SE Asian MA.
I've seen Resilient and learned a trick or two, but Tom's stuff was so good I immediately changed up my joint mobility work to revolve around his stick JM demonstrations. They were that good and they seemed to get the areas I've been missing. (I normally do a lot of JS work and Tom's stick stuff was every bit as valuable IMO) The 'flexibility stunt' is awesome . . . something worth doing a lot of for shoulder ROM."

----cqc10, www.Fullkontact.com forum

"I have now watched it 4 times, and it is really good, best training vid I've seen in a long time.
The way he integrates MA and Fitness is a step in the right direction,and he has alot of unique KB drills, and some neat KB adaptions of DB and Machine moves.
The quality is excellent!"

-----Dylan Thomas, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Aikijujutsu Practitioner

"This is really an excellent DVD- well worth every penny I paid for it! The DVD contains a nice blend of mobility drills, combat- specific training/conditioning exercises, and some great info on combat applications (which I had never seen before). I'm very glad that I added this to my DVD library!"

----WBRKC, www. Fullkontact.com forum

"Just got the video today and got a chance to watch a few scenes--good stuff! Really appreciate you sending it--the team will enjoy them too, I am sure. I really liked some of your drills, especially the finger dexterity with the stick--genius."

-----"S", Blackwater group.

"I received my copy of Tom Furman’s “Concrete Conflict and Conditioning” DVD a few weeks ago, and have had a chance to watch the entire video.
Those of you who know me will be surprised that I actually watched a video on fitness.

The fact is that I DID watch the DVD entirely.

The result - it has motivated my wife and I to drag out the kettlebells again. A testimony to the objective of any fitness video.

I think the main difference of this DVD is the choice of exercises Tom has chosen. He is mindful of addressing the athlete who is undergoing recovery from injury and rehabilitation. Which means that most of the routines do not have the “jolting” or “jarring” moves that some sets have. Something that really appealed to me.

I have most Kettlebell DVD’s available, yet there are one or two routines there that I haven’t seen, and have adopted as mainstay to my regime…..and believe me it’s very simple.

But there are also routines which do away with kettlebells……I’m just a kettlebell fan.

Tom also covers a section where he translates common martial arts moves to exercise and how one relates to the other. Very interesting.

Has the DVD been of benefit to me?

Well. I’m cursing those solid balls of steel with the handles again, and have lost a few kilos."

------Ray Floro, Floro Fighting Systems
I got your DVD a few days ago and you look like a kid. All that Silat and your knees are fine! That is so great. I really enjoyed seeing the Silat stuff again. I think I'll be adding much of your conditioning material to my routine. Excellent.

Lorraine Patton, GS Competitor

Video/Audio: Very high quality video and very high quality sound production. Tom took his time to get these right.

DVD Organization: Well organized and easy to move to each individual exercise through the DVD menu.

Content:
At a high level, there are two parts to this DVD.
(1) S&C
(2) Combat Applications

The combat applications give you a taste for how the exercises in the S&C section and the corresponding attributes they develop apply in 'real life'.

*S&C Drills, Tips, Tricks, etc.
There is some very good stuff in here. Tom takes his MA experience and has developed some interesting exercises. This is not about routines and progressions for base conditioning as much as fine tuning your body for injury prevention and specialized strength/endurance development.

Can you press a lot? Great, but do you have good ROM . . . Tom can show you some cool stuff to do with a stick to help this. His X Press is very interesting and hits the shoulder in a different way. Are your legs strong? Tom can show you how to take some strength/endurance drills for the legs that will open up your hips, improve flexibility, and teach you how to connect your body together for martial application.

Some of his groundwork such depak and sembok squats, burlesque bump, and lunge walk are quite different and felt really good on my hip flexors and hip joint. The knee walk I had to be careful with but it is something I'm going to try out.

*Combat Applications
I was quite familiar with most of what was taught in this section but it was interesting nonetheless. Tom knows his stuff and it shows.

*Who should get this?
If you're an MA guy who pursues S&C as a means to improve your MA game, this is a good DVD to have.

I sort of feel like this is MA conditioning + Resilient-like exercises + an introductory exposure to SE Asian MA.

I've seen Resilient and learned a trick or two, but Tom's stuff was so good I immediately changed up my joint mobility work to revolve around his stick JM demonstrations. They were that good and they seemed to get the areas I've been missing. (I normally do a lot of JS work and Tom's stick stuff was every bit as valuable IMO) The 'flexibility stunt' is awesome . . . something worth doing a lot of for shoulder ROM.

Tom's around 50 I think, and as such he's learned a lot about keeping your body working and strengthening it against injury. There is some great stuff in here along those lines.

For me, the DVD was absolutely worth the money. My hands, shoulders, and upper back feel better right now and I've added to my bag of tricks things that will keep me going.

Tom's X-vest and spider crawl bonus material gave me some good ideas as well.

Is it for you? It probably depends on why you train and how you train, but you can learn a lot from this DVD. Tom did a very good job with this and I'll definitely buy his next one.

A. H.

"The S&C part of Tom Furman's DVD contains many innovative strength, mobility, and resilience drills any hard living comrade could use."

-Pavel Tsatsouline, the author of Enter the Kettlebell! and Super Joints













0 comments:

Followers